Privacy statement for Emit and for users of Emit's "Self-Timing Solutions".
Version 1.03 of 02.12.2020
At Emit, we are concerned about the safety of our customers and protecting personal data. In order for you to gain a good insight, we have created an overview that describes how we store and process personal data.
This page applies to information that we and our timekeeping customers collect about "end users", ie everyone who runs with our chips or is registered in other ways in our timekeeping solutions.
We collect the following information about you:
When you create a profile:
When you sign up for a competition:
- Chip number
- Gender (which often is part of class name)
When you participate in a competition:
- Time of passage of one of our timing stations with the timing station's identification and your chip number.
- When reading the chip after the finish, we will also read out all split-times and the timingstation's identification stored in your chip.
- At the finish, we will calculate the elapsed spent as well as intermediate times/split times and rank you in the class/course you signed up for. Furthermore, we will might also calculate ranking for the entire event, the course as well as course- and eventrecords.
Why do we collect information about you?
Collection of information when you create your profile or when you sign up for a competition is done by agreement.
The collection of information when you participate in a competition is based on your consent.
Consent to disclose information to third parties.
If you opt-in and/or participate in a competition, we assume that you want your results to be visible on the leaderboards. The leaderboards are normally open online so that anyone can read and download the information. For example, local newspapers will be able to publish parts or the entire list of results online.
The following information about you will be left open online:
- Gender (which often is part of class name)
- Times (including total/elapsed time, start time, time at finsh, gross and net time)
- Results/ranking (including other calculated rankings in your class, or course, per gender, etc.)
Storing your information
Emit will process your personal data only during the time period necessary to fulfil the purpose of the processing or the time period necessary to fulfil a legal obligation. Processing to fulfil a legal obligation occurs in cases where Emit must store dokuments for bookkeeping purposes or when Emit must retain customer information in order to respond to complaints or other consumer-related tasks such as complaint processing.
We will store information that is published online will last up to 5 years from the day we registered the data. Information published online will not be deleted unless we are requested by either the event organiser or the individual participant.
- Through the EU General Data Protection Regulation you will have the following rights.
- You have the right to see what information is being processed. Right to access.
- You have the right to have corrected and updated information that is incorrect. Right to rectitation.
- You have the right to take your personal data that you have created or provided to us in a digital format. Right to data portability.
- You have the right to request that we only use a minimum of personal data for the processing. For example, for marketing, you will be able to withdraw your consent, and we are not permitted to use your personal data.
- You have the right to request that your personal data be deleted. We do not store personal data longer than is necessary to fulfil the individual purpose of processing. See Storing your information.
Changes to the Privacy statement.
Emit will from time to time update its privacy statement. This may be on the basis of i.e., new services, or statutory requirements. In the event of major changes, which we believe to be important for our customers, we will send out a notice of the update via your customer profile.
Contact for correction, deletion or request for more information?
If you have any further questions about how we process personal data, please send an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Emit AS (org.nr. 930127868), Bedriftsveien 10, 0950 OSLO, Norway, by the General Manager is accountable and responsible for fulfilling your rights under data protection laws.
This also applies to information collected by our Swedish subsidiary Emit AB.